Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
The most common symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- Constant body aches
- Cognitive difficulties
- Pain and stiffness all over the body
- Depression and anxiety
- Sleep problems
- Headaches, including migraines
Causes of Fibromyalgia:
The cause of fibromyalgia is unknown. However, experts believe that people with certain genes are affected by a trigger, such as physical or emotional stress or an illness. The pain signals sent through their central nervous system get turned up too high, which is why people with fibromyalgia are more sensitive to pressure, heat, sound and light than those without the condition.
Possible risk factors for fibromyalgia include:
- Stressful or traumatic events
- Repetitive injuries
- Family history
Treatment for Fibromyalgia:
Fortunately, fibromyalgia can be effectively treated and managed with both medication and self-care strategies. Common treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes – Regular checkups, stress management, good sleeping habits and regular exercise.
- Medications – NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), antidepressants, and anti-seizure drugs.
At ForCare Medical Center, we can help you manage your symptoms caused by fibromyalgia and find relief today. Contact ForCare Medical Center
today to schedule your appointment.